Visa Information

Do I Need a Visa to Visit the United States?

Consult with your school's study abroad office or the U.S. Visas - Tourism and Visit.

If a Visa is Required

Apply for a visitor / tourist visa. NMUN conferences do not constitute academic study (i.e. it's not the equivalent of a semester of study at a university). To assist with your visa application, we may be able to  provide a letter confirming that you are registered for the conference. If we decide to provide a letter it does not guarantee that you will be granted a visa.

How to Request a Letter
  1. Register your school for the conference and pay the registration fee. A letter will not be issued until the registration fee has been paid, you have confirmed your delegate numbers online, and your visa appointment is scheduled. In addition, we may request confirmation from your school that you are a currently enrolled student.
  2. Letters will not be issued prior to 1 December and may take at least 5 business days to process.
  3. The faculty advisor or head delegate should submit our NMUN Visa Information Form well in advance of your group’s visa interview.
    • It must include: the date of your visa appointment, address of the embassy / consulate where your appointment is scheduled, and data for everyone from your delegation who needs a visa. Include their names, dates of birth, country of citizenship, passport numbers, and passport expiration dates.
    • Only one letter per school will be issued listing all applicants.
  4. Failure to secure your visas before the payment deadline will result in your delegation being withdrawn from the conference.